The ripple effects of COVID-19 are being felt in almost every household all over the world and we are no different. We have been inundated with vacation/travel cancellation requests, imagine all the reservations made over a 3 or 4 month period all cancelling in a period of 10 days.

To say we have been busy is an understatement with wait times of over 4hrs to contact airlines and Tour Operators. Our Boston Marathon tour has had to be rescheduled as has London Marathon and we have cancelled our Five Boro Bike Tour in early May.

Having said this we are no different to any other family / business trying to make sense of this and survive this crisis with our sanity and business intact.

Race Series.

Late last week I spoke to all our stakeholders for our first 3 races of the season, Hopewell Rocks, Saint John Airport & Hampton Ladies Triathlon and without exception they are sympathetic about the events but we are also being realistic enough to say that we just don’t know If the situation will be brought under control in time to run the races.

The health and well-being of our athletes, volunteers and our community is our highest priority and I suspect that will be forced to postpone these 3 events.

We have several options that we will offer should we need to postpone:

  • Automatic deferral to the 2021 race.
  • Run the event as a Virtual Race.
  • Postpone to a date later in the summer
  • Transfer to one of our other events

An enormous amount of work has already gone into planning these events already this year and we have already ordered and paid for our race medals for 2020. We will continue to communicate with our race stakeholders and will be governed by their response and that of the Government of New Brunswick.

We wish everyone well during these trying times, keep fit and healthy and we will be back in contact as soon as decisions are made with our race schedule. Thank you for your support of our events and we can’t wait to see you at the races as soon as it is safe to do so.