A huge thank you to everyone who came out to race, spectate and volunteer yesterday (26 Aug) at our inaugural 52k Ultra at the Little River Reservoir plus our 26.4k and 10k races. The weather was glorious for the race and there was fantastic camaraderie in the air as the 3.3k loop was run in the alternate direction each time making for much conversation and chat as the runners ran past each other multiple times.
Thanks to Andrew Wagstaff of Maritime Runner for the great race review which can be found by clicking here.
We had great local runners including Shelley & Even Doucet, Paul Sands, Ray La Forest, Gary Timberlake, Mary Kuna, Sarah Holland and many more as well as a contingent from Fredericton, PEI and Ottawa. Check out the results for some super fast performances including a 3hr 37min 52k Run for Andrew Roberts relay team and a stellar 1hr 48min 26sec 26.5k race from Shelley Doucet. Great performances all round.
We will be back for the 2nd edition or our Ultra next August.
2018 Race Comments:
I just wanted to send this quick email to thank you for organizing the 52k race. I thought it was well organized and a great experience. The third place prizes were also items that I wanted to purchase eventually anyway.
The Little River Reservoir is a jewel in the City of Saint John and is becoming a mecca for runners and swimmers as a great place to train and race. Our Ultra will take place completely within the park on a traffic free, crushed rock, flat course over a 3.3k looped course with spectaculars views of the park and lake and an elevation change of only 10m. The nature of this short loop will make it easy and safe for runners to obtain nutrition and see friends & family each lap. The final number of runners will be limited to avoid saturation in the park so please register early.
Here are 10 great reasons to race an Ultra with us.
1) All finishers will receive a beautiful Medal / Gift.
2) Beautiful location and scenic course.
3) One of the fastest routes / terrain you can possibly find if you are seeking a Personal Record for 50k.
4) One of the flattest routes if this is your first Ultra.
5) Gravel trail makes running a little easier on the body.
6) 3.3k per lap makes it easy to see friends and family – no long meandering course for hours on end.
7) One amazingly stocked aid station per lap makes access to food and drinks easy and we can keep any special foods/drinks for runners at the aid station for quick access each lap.
8) Great camaraderie on course amongst runners on the looped route.
9) Impossible to get lost – once you complete loop 1 – repeat until the end.
10) We will allow 1 support runner after the 5 hour point to bring you home. No support runners prior to this point. (no pacing of any kind will be allowed prior to 5 hours).
No littering on the course. What you bring in, take out with you. If you are caught you will get an infraction ranging from a 15 minute time penalty to disqualification.
Jan 2 – Mar 31 Current price CA$55.00 Apr 1 – Aug 10 CA$65.00 Aug 10 – Aug 25 CA$70.00
Jan 2 – Mar 31 Current price CA$65.00 Apr 1 – Aug 10 CA$75.00 Aug 10 – Aug 25 CA$85.00