Covid-19 Update – 06 May

As athletes ourselves we know how frustrating it can be to have a race cancelled or postponed to dates we can’t make this year. So, we have been thinking creatively to see what would be a good solution for our runners and while its certainly not perfect we have revised our policies for the races we organize and have come up with the following. Our policies are being reviewed continuously as events are evolving and changing almost on a daily basis.

The endurance sports industry, including the running, cycling and triathlon events you love, has been hit hard by COVID-19. We were some of the first gatherings and events to be cancelled, and depending on when and how the economy restarts, we may be some of the last to be allowed to resume operations. We rely on your registration fees to allow us to host the events that keep you fit and deliver crucial economic impact to our area.

We have rescheduled our races for later this year as follows:

Hampton Ladies Triathlon – Sun 30 August

Saint John Airport Duathlon & 6k – Sun 20 Sept

KV Marathon, Half & Relay – Sun 27 Sept

Hopewell Rocks 9k – Sat 10 Oct

If, due to the lingering effects of the Coronavirus we are not able to operate these events in 2020 the following will apply.

1) We will issue you with a 100% Race Credit for the race you originally registered for, which you can use one time only for the same race in either 2021 or 2022.

2) You can also transfer between our races one time only in 2021 or 2022 See possible scenarios below.

2a) you have registered for Hopewell Rocks in May 2020 but can’t make the new Oct date – we can transfer your registration to the KV Marathon in 2020 or 2021 or 2022 for no additional fee.

2b) you have registered for the Saint John Airport Race in Sept 2020, you can transfer to the Airport race in 2021 or 2022 or either transfer to KV Marathlon, Hopewell Rocks or if you are female we will also include Hampton Ladies Triathlon in 2020 or 2021 or 2022.

3) You may also transfer to any new events we organize in 2021 or 2022 provided that the maximum price of the new event does not exceed $89.00 – none of our current races are priced at $89.00 or above.


There is no refund due if you transfer to a lower priced race.

You are permitted a one time change only.

You may not transfer to another runner without the prior knowledge of the Race Director. We can arrange this for you for a $10.00 admin fee.

Runners must not give their bib to another runner. Both runners will be disqualified from all our future races as the medical issues surrounding this are just too serious.

We will change your race registration once but we will not permit you to bounce around between events, its a one time change only.

All changes must be submitted to me at least 1 month before the date of the race you originally registered for.

Disclaimer – while we have given this a lot of thought it is possible that we may have not considered every possible scenario, so we do reserve the right to correct our mistakes at no cost if we have a major screw up in the above e-mail.

We know we’re not the only business and industry who’s experiencing unprecedented challenges in the wake of this worldwide situation, and we recognized that many of you may be facing hardship yourself. Perseverance, mental grit, and true determination will see us through this– just like it does on the race course.